Saturday, December 10, 2005

Setting The Record Straight

This post will not be about my mom, who happens to be quite a resilient fighter. It is about phonies who really piss me off.

There is a small-minded, bigoted, moronic blogger out there who has posted several comments to my blog, wishing comfort to my mother. He has sent repeated e-mails of good wishes and even offered to attend the funeral when that time comes. And I was really touched. Someone who has never met me displaying such kindness is a wonderful example of what is possible in this world.

Boy was I wrong.

Although I float somewhere between atheist and agnostic and abhor religious institutions, my family is Muslim. If you want to intelligently discuss things you find troubling in the Quran, I'll probably agree with you. Rest assured - I have been called an infidel by whackjob Muslims more times than you ever have. If you think there are Muslims out there running amok, you will not hear any disagreement from me. But, if you condemn all 1.2 billion Muslims or Islam as a whole based upon what some of them do, then you cross the line with me. Not because I am an apologist for Islam or Muslims. I am not. It is because your insults and condemnations apply to my mother who is currently fighting for her life, those insults apply to my family who I love dearly and your ignorance envelopes many of my family's friends who have provided an endless fountain of kindness, support and love during these difficult times.

The offending blogger has been wishing good thoughts to my family while writing on his blog that Islam is evil, violent and suggesting that no other religion in the world has people who do bad things. Hypocrite! If you think my mom, a moderately religious Muslim woman, is an evil, violent savage, save your insincere, phony good wishes. You aren't doing us any favors. Every person of color has had the experience where someone says to them, I think all X are violent savages, but you aren't like those ones. Don't do me any favors. You don't know what makes up the majority of Muslims, you have no idea what efforts are afoot in the community to improve the state of affairs and, like Hitler who you surely admire, you make no distinction between those who are secular and those who are fanatics. What is even more hypocritical is that the same mainstream media this moron constantly insults is the source of his expertise on Islam, its adherents and the adherents of all other religions in the world.

I could care less if someone likes Islam. It makes no difference to me if someone dislikes Muslims. I won't try to convince you otherwise and there are plenty of other blogs where you will find reassurances of your ignorant beliefs. Bigots like being bigots. They are pathetic, insecure human beings who can only feel a sense of value by insulting others. Facts make no difference in their world. To those people, you are not welcome here. At a time when I am under an incredible amount of stress, the last thing I will tolerate is your petty, small-minded, small-penised insults about a group of people whom you have never met and do not otherwise know. Go get some prozac and a dildo and fuck yourself!



P.S. One more thing, you don't have shit to say about violent religions if you believe in the Old Testament you rotten hypocrite.

10 Comments:

At 3:20 AM, December 11, 2005 , Blogger Free Agency Rules said...

I am reluctant to say anything because I like you both.

I have said many times that it is not good to paint with a broad brush. As a frequent visitor ("Mr. Wilson") to some sites often does in his attacks agaist all Christians.

My belief is that RC was not referring to all Muslims as I am sure he has met as many wonderful Muslims as I have.

My boss at my last job Naeem Raza and one of my fellow employees, Zubair Suri, were two of the nicest people I have ever met, but I, like you, have some concerns about some things in the Quran like "infidels are not people, they are dogs" and so killing them is no big deal or words to that effect. But then in the olden days many crimes were committed in the name of Christianity too.

Our health is made up of two main factors..."What you eat, and what eats you."

Focusing on the positive aspects of people is more healthy.

Please forgive me if it seems like I am taking sides, as I am trying my best not to.

Your friend,


FAR.

 
At 11:05 AM, December 11, 2005 , Blogger Intellectual Insurgent said...

FAR,

You are predictable if nothing else. I anticipated that you would come to his defense to explain that he didn't mean all Muslims and, thus, already drafted my counter to that in my head.

I once e-mailed RC to tell him I thought it was very chickenshit to write inflammatory posts and then leave it to FAR and Fool to fight his battles. He is constantly blathering about personal responsibility yet never takes personal responsibility for the irresponsible, callous, hateful things he spreads. He's like a 5-year-old who picks a fight with a kid down the street and then runs home crying to big brother to fight the battle for him. What a wuss.

RC is not a real man and has no honor, self-respect or dignity and, thus, is not deserving of the benefit of the doubt you are giving to him. I am a woman and I am more man than he is on his best day. Gloves are off. He is a castrated eunuch who is better off guarding the haram than feigning belonging in a man's world.

Your assertion that he didn't mean ALL Muslims is belied by the title of his post and the statements contained therein. So, Mr. Strict Constructionist, stop reading things that aren't there. He meant what he said and must take responsibility for the callous, irresponsible, bigoted, hateful speech he disseminates on his blog. Until he takes personal responsibility for his actions the way he self-righteously demands from others, he is a fat, loser hypocrite with no penis who can eat shit.

 
At 1:09 PM, December 11, 2005 , Blogger RR said...

II... I haven't read the exchange but such comments are indicative of a self-righteous fanatic who knows that his belief system is true and just ... and that all others are inferior.

I’d venture to guess that most of these people haven’t really travel anywhere (besides maybe Western Europe) – which usually contributes to a world-view where our system and beliefs are de-facto the ultimate expression of all that’s ‘good and right’.

This is the group we (as citizens in a free society) must guard against most intently... For given power they will surely impose their version of 'good' upon us all.

 
At 2:41 PM, December 11, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

12 11 05

Sorry to hear about the bad exchange. I suppose this is the time of years for blog wars. Me and STS ah, argued a bit. So I suppose these conflicts are not uncommon. Hypocrisy sucks! Hope you and your family are doing okay. Take Care.-Mahndisa

 
At 6:05 PM, December 11, 2005 , Blogger Free Agency Rules said...

ii,

It's my nature to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

BTW, I posted on one of the Articles you sent me.

The other article by Lew Rockwell was awsome!

"absence of government management"

and "ones that emphasize free enterprise and personal liberties as opposed to bureaucratic regimentation."

I remember talking to a libertairian friend of mine back in the 1980's that told me "There is a reason that the word 'FREE' is in the statement 'Free Enterprise System' because that is the only ecomomic system that is based upon freedom that I can think of."

:)

FAR.

 
At 10:58 AM, December 14, 2005 , Blogger Mr. Wilson said...

FAR-

Why are you bringing my name into this discussion? How do you add values to this discussion? Is it because you have a personal agenda beyond patching up the situation between RC and II? Are you trying to bait me by once again making things up?

Can you show me where I painted these broad brush strokes or attacked all Christians? Also, perhaps you would like to do so by e-mail, because I don't think you want to embarass yourself any further in front of "II" and the rest of the blogosphere. She knows me well, and if I may speculate a bit, she respects my intellectual capabilities and outlook enough to know that you are reacting to your own emotions and not dealing with the content of anything I have said. My e-mail address is kacyewilson@yahoo.com.

If you do not have the time or ability to substantiate your claims about my attacks against Christians, I would appreciate if you stop referring to me with these baseless accusations. And respecting the wishes of a fellow child of god instead of selfishly holding onto a conflict is the Christian thing to do, is it not?

 
At 5:08 PM, December 25, 2005 , Blogger Free Agency Rules said...

Mr Wilson,

ii has writen me in a email and has said that you do not attack Christians.

It may be I have confused you with someone else and for that I aploogize and ask forgiveness.

I am with you on not painting with a broad brush and that was the purpose of mentioning those whom I have thought did so against Christians. Again, I may be thinking of someone else.

I try to point to actions and not people, but if someone is generalizing I try to point out that action.

We all tend to generalize, but we should do it with words like "some" or "many" and not just like "Christians" or "Muslims" and that is where my link was with this post.


FAR.

 
At 9:40 PM, December 05, 2014 , Blogger oakleyses said...

polo ralph lauren, prada outlet, oakley vault, christian louboutin shoes, cheap oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet online, true religion, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, prada handbags, michael kors outlet online, chanel handbags, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany jewelry, gucci handbags, burberry outlet online, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet online, coach outlet store online, michael kors handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet online, tiffany and co jewelry, longchamp outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet store, louis vuitton, nike air max, longchamp outlet, red bottom shoes, true religion outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, jordan shoes, michael kors outlet online, nike outlet, ray ban outlet, christian louboutin, nike free, nike air max, burberry outlet online, kate spade outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, coach outlet, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton handbags, coach purses, christian louboutin outlet

 
At 9:51 PM, December 05, 2014 , Blogger oakleyses said...

babyliss, new balance outlet, replica watches, vans outlet, mcm handbags, celine handbags, beats headphones, nike trainers, nfl jerseys, giuseppe zanotti, jimmy choo shoes, ugg boots, birkin bag, asics shoes, canada goose outlet, ferragamo shoes, insanity workout, nike huarache, chi flat iron, hollister, abercrombie and fitch, uggs outlet, north face jackets, north face jackets, mac cosmetics, soccer jerseys, canada goose outlet, uggs outlet, uggs on sale, bottega veneta, instyler ionic styler, ugg boots clearance, nike roshe, valentino shoes, lululemon outlet, ugg, marc jacobs outlet, ugg outlet, longchamp, ghd, reebok shoes, ugg soldes, p90x workout, soccer shoes, wedding dresses, mont blanc pens, herve leger, canada goose outlet, canada goose

 
At 9:58 PM, December 05, 2014 , Blogger oakleyses said...

ugg, gucci, canada goose, iphone 6 case, hollister canada, vans, canada goose, swarovski uk, pandora jewelry, air max, ray ban, pandora charms, moncler, timberland shoes, moncler outlet, moncler, canada goose, replica watches, louis vuitton canada, uggs canada, coach outlet, juicy couture outlet, converse shoes, thomas sabo uk, nike air max, juicy couture outlet, ralph lauren, hollister clothing, moncler, hollister, supra shoes, louboutin, toms outlet, oakley, canada goose pas cher, parajumpers outlet, moncler, wedding dress, baseball bats, converse, swarovski jewelry, links of london uk, lancel, moncler outlet, pandora uk, karen millen, moncler, montre femme

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home